Monday 5 November 2012

Today I continued the production of my character. I also tested out Ncloth and how it can be used in order to create flexible and interactive materials in Maya. I followed a helpfull tutorial in order to learn how Ncloth works. I recommend this video to other students and anyone interesting in using Ncloth because I found it very helpful. I will add a link at the bottom.

I enjoyed creating Ncloth because I was expecting it to be much more complex and harder to figure out, however it was surprisingly easy and seems to work perfectly. It may become more of an issue when I begin animating my character and moving its legs around the cloth, but for now it works great. The next thing I will do is continue to model the simple parts of my character such as legs and feet. Once this is done I will consider new designs for the heads and hands in order to make it easier for me to model in maya. I plan to do this because I'm assuming the hands and head will be hard to model and very time consuming.

Ncloth tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8UWFDb7tfk

My character progression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSe-PZcd_0&feature=plcp

No comments:

Post a Comment