Friday 9 November 2012

Next I added a few spikes to my characters gloves and began texturing them. For the main section of the hand I decided to add chain mail, so I created a chain mail texture in Photoshop.


I then placed the texture on my character and remade the UV map in order to apply it accurately. After I had done this I was not happy with the appearance so I remade the texture several times until I created a texture I was happy with.


From doing this I can confirm it is a lot harder to create chain mail textures than you would first expect. I tried out around four or five different textures before I made one that I could settle on, however if I had more time I would probably try to improve this texture further.


The final thing for me to do now is redesign, create and texture some heads for my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment