Tuesday 15 January 2013

Today I touched up my characters head and created a basic avatar style body for him, the head is purposely out of scale with the body as all avatars have unusually massive heads because it is the main part of the character.

First I used the soft select and mirror tool in order to neatly scale in the size of my characters nose.
Then I added some facial hair, I created the goatee from a new shape to give it some thickness, and I copy pasted some polygons in my characters eye brow location in order to make the eye brows. Then I gave them all a dark brown color and also colored his skin. I may come back to this once my character is complete and create a realistic hair texture and bump map to improve its quality.
I created hair for my character the same way I made the eye brows and then added some spike shapes to the edges of the hair.
Then I created a quick and basic body shape for my character before smoothing it and realigning the polygons how I wanted them.

Then I deleted unnecessary polygons that would be covered up by other objects in order to reduce my poly count where possible, and to recreate a neater back neck for my character.
Then I added some simple textures to his cloths. Next for my character I need to make ears, arms, hands, eyes, mouth and feet and then connect them as efficiently as possible avoiding triangles in my topology like the plague. Then these final objects must be textured and I will consider using bump maps on any of my existing objects. Once my character is complete I will bring in my grassy hill from my other character for this avatar to stand on and then decide if i need to rig and animate him or not depending on my time left over and requirements for my main model.

For my main character I still need to weight my bones for animation, animate him, repair the Ncloth  and recreate an improved background.


No comments:

Post a Comment