Friday 12 October 2012

Today I created a character design in flash in order to trace the shapes in Maya later on. The next thing I need to do is created a side and back view for the same character. When I make these views I will need to ensure I keep all parts of the character to the exact same scale as my front view image. By doing this it will make it easier to create the image correctly in Maya while tracing my designs. I will also keep the individual layers on my flash designs so I can build up the character layer by layer in 3D the same way I did in 2D, this will make it easier to add the amour on top of a character and help me know what shape it should be under the armor.

Here is an image of my final front view design:


Here is a link a Youtube video displaying the different layers and design stages I went through in order to create this character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZgUIe1f5tQ

No comments:

Post a Comment