Wednesday 3 October 2012

After reviewing the module requirements I have a few ideas about what I will do for my project. I was happy to hear we can use the files that we produce from this module in our major project as part of another module, so I plan to do this in order to progress multiple modules at the same time.

As we are required to create a 3D scene and character this is a perfect opportunity to create an improved version of my main menu for my major project. For my major project I have given myself the task of creating a flash game that must contain 3D cut scenes and interfaces. Below is a mock up video I created in flash, displaying how my interface will work and look.

I plan to create a 3D video loop to replace the image on the main menu this includes the animated clouds, the sky, cliffs and the Orc corpse on the floor. Some ideas I had to add more animations are to add a ribbon of cloth to the handle of the sword that will flutter in the wind, a slow first person camera wobble to emulate the view of a tired characters point of view, and possibly birds flying past or animated blood flow coming out of the dead Orc. The buttons will not be included in the 3D production, the darkness and lighting effects will also not be included in the 3D production as these are added later in flash. So the 3D image will brighter than shown below.

Due to blogger video upload issues I am adding the video as a Youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irB3X_hsXRk

No comments:

Post a Comment