Sunday 7 October 2012


The first thing I decided to do in order to make a start at this project was to figure out how I want my character to look. In order to do this I will first research some Orc monsters online to see how different existing character look. I will then create my own designs for an Orc in flash ready to be traced and created in Maya.

Below are a few images I took a look at to help me figure out how I want my character to look.







Originally I was planning on making a single headed character but after seeing this image I decided a two-headed one could look much better.

This image shows the style of armour I was planning on making for my character, I want the Orcs in my game to have a tribal rugged leather style of armour to show primitive knowledge and give them stronger characteristics. Some ideas I had to enhance this are to use random real world objects as armour, for example a stolen bowl as a helm or a horse’s saddle as a shoulder guard.

Image found at: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Orc_Physiology  






This following image shows the type of proportions I was planning to use on my Orc, only with less armour. So I will use this as an initial proportions guide when designing my own character.







Now I have a few good examples and a stronger idea of how I want my character to look I can begin my initial designs.







No comments:

Post a Comment